Transitioning to barefoot
Here are our tips...
- Take it easy... You are undoing _____ (insert age here) -2 years of altered foot function. That's a lot!!
- Do targeted MOBILITY exercises for your foot and ankle + knees, hips, and core.
- Do targeted STRENGTH exercises for your foot and ankle + knees, hips, and core.
- Work up to man-made surfaces like concrete, asphalt, tiles. We were not designed for these surfaces but with strong feet it is possible.
- This is not medical or personal advice! See a Podiatrist (Foot professional) who has a specialty interest in barefoot function such as: Romany Vonarx at ACT Podiatry, Canberra, Australia